金曜日, 9月 29, 2006

コメントへのコメント2

Ok, so here's my late comment you made in the entry.

>OilCanBoy さんのコメント...
I can imagine why your mother insisted English only rule at your home. This issue of language development in bilingual environment is interesting to me both as a teacher and a parent....

I admire your decision to take this course even though you have tons of other responsibilities. It's a lot of work for a course that you are not requited to. I hope you make the best out of it.
You mentioned journal work, is it that you are a journalist also? And good luck for your interviews.

>kyasarin さん
Yes, it is a lot for "just for fun." It might not be so useful to know now, but you could have taken Elementary Japanese A in spring which is a 2.5 course and covers up to lesson 8. But it's great that you are taking this course with us. It is time consuming/tough/ etc but you will learn a lot. I hope it will be a nice experience for you in the end.

>anohito さん
Nice nickname. You mentioned Japan's influence on American culture. Why do you think that is? I mean why is it so? Sometimes it's puzzling to me. For example, why would there be Grudge 2 coming here? I just don't understand.

>paul さん
Hawaii is an interesting place where Japanese is not quite a minority and many things from Japan are somehow now integrated part of Hawaii. Or so it seemed to me. An example is SPAM onigiri which blew my mind.

Japanese books or movies, do you have any favorite kinds?

>Soeunさん
Yes, Japanese is very similar to Korean in grammar, vocabulary, etc.
Someone from Korea who studies linguistics told me that sometimes, even if you are Korean, you can't tell if a word is originally Korean or Japanese. A word could have been borrowed by Korean but because it's been there so long everybody thinks it's Korean.

Arashi? I've heard of them. Kimura Takuya, of course. SMAP never seems to run out of gas.